Sunday, April 19, 2015

New Story Idea


I am currently thinking about writing a new story. It won't be very long - only a one-shot - and I'm hoping it will be less than 3,000 words. I want it to be slightly horrific and maybe gory. I'm going to name it "Silent Lullaby," and base it off of the rhyme "Ring Around the Rosie."

The main plot is this boy that has a mental illness. I'm thinking mostly depression and anxiety right now... He has been bullied at school and has very low self-confidence and self-esteem. Of course he has friends that love him very much, but they don't really know what he has to go through everyday. I'm still really sketchy about what the ending will be like, but I'm thinking suicide to be honest. One main thing that will be a recurrence throughout the story is the song "Tiptoe," and the song is above. You can play it if you want. I can picture the boy either singing it himself or having it on a CD that he plays over and over again. 

This story isn't going to be really happy by any means. Sure, there will be points that will make the reader smile (maybe), but overall it will be about an internal struggle that this boy has with himself. I'm not a doctor or a psychologist by any means, so the symptoms may not match up with the way he's acting - but I'm going to try my best. I won't post it publicly here, but let me know if you want to read it when I'm finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment