Saturday, February 21, 2015

Red String of Fate III (TO BE CONTINUED)

"Umm... I never thought Luhan would be so, uh..."

"What? Bubbly, happy...?"

"Well," Sehun muttered, scratching the back of his neck, "I didn't think he'd be so welcoming, actually. I mean, I'm a complete stranger and all he did was point me in the direction of the guest bedroom."

"Ah," Tao nodded, "well, he probably thinks you're one of my university friends. He's use to me having friends over, so he usually doesn't bat an eye."

"Oh," Sehun shifted his feet nervously. "Hey, Tao, I don't want to sound rude... but can I take a shower, please?"

Tao laughed. "Yeah! Yeah, I figured you'd ask, since you were out in the rain so long. I'll grab an extra pair of pajamas and show you the bathroom. Come on."

Sehun nodded and followed. After grabbing the nightwear, Tao led him to a fairly large bathroom and showed him how to use the shower. 

"So you just turn the dial and lift the thing on the faucet?"

"Exactly," Tao flashed a smile. "You learn quick, Sehun," he teased.

"Shut up," Sehun grumbled, swatting the older boy's arm. "Now get out so I can take a shower. I'm dying of hypothermia over here."

"Yeah, yeah... Geez, so demanding. But," Zitao mumbled, walking towards the door, "whatever you say, Princess."

He barely dodged the shoe that was chucked at his head.
______________________________________________________

Sehun felt great after he had wished Luhan and Tao goodnight and got under the covers. No, he felt fantastic. He was warm and bundled up in Zitao's old sweatshirt and sweatpants, under a thick blanket that was protecting him against the harsh rain that was once again falling outside.

He briefly thought of his father and what he was doing, but decided that his lovely dad could go one night without beating on a high schooler. 
______________________________________________________

The next morning, he woke up dazed and a bit confused. This wasn't his room, this wasn't his bed, hell - those weren't his walls! He figured that everything that happened last night had been a dream. A harsh, cruel dream that his mind had played out just to torture him a little more.

That was banished from his thoughts when he heard a knock on the door, followed by a sleepy Luhan peeking his head in.

"Oh," the older yawned, "You're up. Hey, come downstairs and have breakfast. I made pancakes."

Sehun just nodded warily and watched as the older retreated. He heard the sound of footsteps going downstairs, and supposed it was fine to get up.

He struggled to move his legs, as they had gotten twisted in the blankets, but soon freed himself and followed Luhan's instructions by heading downstairs. He was met with Luhan by the oven flipping pancakes and Zitao sitting at the island with a cup of (what seemed to be) coffee in his hands.

"Hey," Zitao greeted him.

Sehun could only nod back. He walked towards Tao, taking a seat next to him and leaning his head on the table.

"Feeling okay?" Tao asked, taking a sip of his drink.

Sehun nodded. "Yeah, just a little stuffy and tired. Probably because of the rain."

"Zitao told me what happened," Luhan interrupted. He set a plate of pancakes in front of the two boys. "That was really stupid of you, leaving the house without a coat," he chastised.

"Yeah, Zitao told me," Sehun said blankly. 

Luhan nodded. "But I understand why you did it. I'm not yelling at you, but please look after yourself more."

"You don't even know me," Sehun found himself saying. It was silent for a moment, and Sehun bowed his head. "I-I'm sorry. Forgive me, I shouldn't have-"

Luhan shook his head. "No, it's fine. Really. I shouldn't be putting my nose in places it doesn't belong."

"It's not that," Sehun said. "It's just - it's a difficult subject to talk about, so I'd really rather not."

"Fair enough," Luhan said, walking back to the oven and making himself a pancake. He didn't say anything else.

Tao snuck a glance at Sehun and saw the younger biting his lip worriedly. He chuckled and elbowed him. Sehun looked at him and Tao smiled reassuringly. "Hey, don't beat yourself up. Luhan isn't mad at you - he just worries."

Sehun smiled back and nodded, digging into his pancakes. Even still, he had his doubts. Luhan was nice enough to allow him into the apartment and make him breakfast. Sehun didn't need to snap at him like that.

"Hey, are you busy today?" Zitao asked, glancing up from his diabetes-drenched breakfast.

"Don't think so. It's a Saturday," Sehun said, looking at him questionably. Lord knows he didn't want to go back home.

Zitao hummed contently. "Good. Take a shower and I'll get you some of my clothes. I'm taking you somewhere today."

Sehun laughed. "Oh really? Where?"

"You're coming to work with me."

Short and boring but TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment